Lemon Olive Oil Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup Lemon Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9- inch round pan well.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl toss together sugar and lemon zest until combined. Add eggs and whisk well. Whisk in olive oil and butter, then add lemon juice and buttermilk. Continue whisking until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix the batter!
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Whisk until combined.
- Scrape batter into greased pan and smooth the top. Bake 40-45 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Dust lightly with powdered sugar before serving.