Lemon and Rosemary Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
For the cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Rosemary Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Fresh rosemary sprigs and lemon to garnish
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups confection sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Coat a 10-inch pan with cooking spray
- Combine flour, rosemary, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a big mixing bowl.
- In a medium bowl combine sugar, olive oil, milk, lemon zest, balsamic, vanilla extract, and eggs. Beat with mixer until smooth
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick is clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes then move to wire rack.
- While the cake is cooling prepare the frosting.
- Mix together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add confection sugar and vanilla extract to the wet ingredients and combine until smooth.
- When cake is completely cool, frost then garnish with rosemary and lemon.
- Serve and refrigerator leftovers!