Gravenstein Apple Turnovers
- 1 lb. of puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 Tbsp of flour (for dusting)
- 3 medium apples (peeled, cored, and diced into 1/3-inch cubes)
- 2 1/4 tsp Butter Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg and 1 tsp of water for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- Roll out your dough and sprinkle with flour to the top and bottom so it doesn't stick. Cut the dough into squares.
- In a small saucepan add the olive oil and the apples. Cook until soft.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, balsamic, and salt. Cook until it starts to thicken, only a couple minutes. Let cool completely.
- Put a couple Tbsp's of the filling on one half triangle of the square puff pastry. Put the egg wash on the edges of the pastry and pull the other half over. Seal with a fork then slit 2 or 3 holes in the top to allow the steam to escape. Brush entire pastry with the egg wash
- Move to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!