Makes 16 servings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Franklin Raw Honey
- 2 teaspoons Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Persian Lime Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled, plus more for molds
- One 16-cookie madeleine pan with 3x2" molds
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until pale yellow and thick, about 4 minutes.
- Beat in honey, balsamic, oil and orange zest. Gently fold in dry ingredients. Add 5 tablespoons melted butter; gently fold into batter. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of batter; chill for at least 3 hours. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
- Position a rack in center of oven; preheat to 400°F. Lightly brush madeleine molds with butter. Place pan on a baking sheet. Drop 1 scant tablespoon batter into each mold. Bake until golden and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, invert, and quickly knock madeleines out of pan. Serve warm