- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Wild Mushroom Sage Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp Cranberry Pear Balsamic
- 1 cup diced ripe pears
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Wild Mushroom Sage EVOO
- Set your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a 12-count muffin pan with paper liners or grease with a bit of olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the Wild Mushroom Sage Olive Oil and eggs until smooth and creamy. Add the yogurt (or sour cream), balsamic and mix until combined.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients using a spatula, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the diced pears, cranberries, and lemon zest until they are evenly distributed.
- In a small bowl, mix the rolled oats, brown sugar, and a tablespoon of the Wild Mushroom Sage EVOO. The mixture should be crumbly.
- Evenly distribute the muffin batter among the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the oat topping over each muffin.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Afterward, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These muffins are best served fresh, but they can also be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Enjoy the unique blend of fruity sweetness complemented by the savory notes of the Wild Mushroom Sage Olive Oil!
Yields 12 Muffins