Coconut & Lime Ice Cream
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Persian lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- mint leaves and lime slices for Garnish
- Combine the ingredients and pour it into an 8-to-10-inch square baking/glass pan.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 90 minutes. Remove from the freezer and whisk the mixture, scraping the sides of the pan and breaking up any frozen chunks. Return the pan to the freezer and continue freezing.
- Check it again after 45 minutes. Remove from the freezer and whisk the mixture, scraping the sides of the pan well. Return to the freezer as quickly as possible after whisking the mixture each time.
- ADDITIONAL FREEZING STEPS: Continue freezing the mixture, checking it again after 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer and whisk the mixture, scraping the sides of the pan well. Repeat this process 2 more times, every 30 minutes. After a couple of hours, it should be thickening to a slushy soft-serve consistency.
- Continue breaking the ice cream up and stirring it for as long as you like. The longer that you whisk the ice cream and continue breaking it up as it freezes, it will become airier and fluffier.
- Ice cream without a machine typically takes 3-4 hours to freeze to a soft-serve consistency.
- When ready to serve, garnish with mint and lime