Blood Orange Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Frosting
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Local Honey
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, oil, and honey until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir with a large spoon until incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes then transfer to wire rack.
- While the bread is cooking prepare the frosting. Using a handheld beater, mix the cream cheese and butter until fully combined and creamy.
- Add the sugar 1 cup at a time, beating well in between each addition, and then beat in the cocoa powder and sea salt.
- With the mixer running, slowly add the balsamic and beat on high to create a light, airy frosting.
- Frost your cooled pumpkin bread and enjoy!