Plum Fizz with Prosecco
I need to try this at book club!
- 2 purple plums, roughly chopped (about 1½ cups)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp Cranberry Pear Aged Balsamic
- ¼ tsp ground Nutmeg
- ¼ Cinnamon Stick
- ½ cup soda water
- 1 plum, thinly sliced in wedges
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, about 3” long
- In a small saucepan, add in plums, sugar, water and spices and bring to a boil, gently crushing the plums with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 3-4 minutes and then remove from heat. Let sit for 15 minutes, then strain syrup through a fine mesh sieve, pressing down gently on plums.
- Save reserved plums for stirring into yogurt if desired and discard spices and rosemary. Refrigerate plum syrup for up to 10 days.
- Pour 1 oz plum syrup into 4 glasses filled with ice and top up with 1 oz soda water. Stir together then top up glasses with Prosecco, a small sprig of rosemary and plum slices.