- 4 cups Milk (whole milk or 2%, for a creamier texture)
- 200g or 7.5 oz High-quality Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa, finely chopped)
- 3 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar (optional, to taste)
- Whipped Cream (for garnish)
- Chocolate Shavings or Cocoa Powder (for garnish)
- Marshmallows (optional, for garnish)
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until it is warm but not boiling.
- Once the milk is warm, reduce the heat to low and add the finely chopped dark chocolate to the saucepan. Stir continuously until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the Dark Chocolate Balsamic, Vanilla Extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Taste the hot chocolate and, if you prefer it sweeter, add sugar one tablespoon at a time, stirring well after each addition, until it reaches your desired sweetness level.
- Once everything is well combined and the hot chocolate is smooth and heated to your liking, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs.
- Garnish each mug with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and optional marshmallows, if using.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your gourmet hot chocolate experience!