Yield: 1 1/3 CUPS
Active Time: 15 MINUTES
Total Time: 15 MINUTES
- 1 (15 OZ) can of chickpeas or 2 cups drained, cooked chickpeas
- 3 Tablespoons Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Tahini
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice, plus more as needed
- 1 small garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- If using canned chickpeas, drain the chickpeas into a strainer, reserving the liquid from the can. If time allows, remove the skins from each of the chickpeas. This will make your hummus much smoother.
- Place the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor.
- Puree hummus until it is very smooth, about 5-10 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to integrate any large chunks.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to taste. If your hummus is stiffer than you'd like, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the reserved chickpea liquid and blend until desired consistency is achieved.
- Scrape the hummus into a bowl and serve with pita or vegetables.