Mmmmm Mouthwatering Prosciutto & Pear Galette – as delicious as it is beautiful. 🌟😋 It's the perfect autumn bite that hits all the right notes! Serve it up as an appetizer or a light lunch!
For the Galette Dough:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, diced
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 tablespoon Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Filling:
- 2-3 ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon Franklin Raw Honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil for brushing
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- In a food processor, combine the all-purpose flour and salt. Pulse a few times to mix.
- Add the cold diced butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With the food processor running, gradually add the ice water and EVOO until the dough comes together. You may not need all of the water; stop when the dough forms a ball.
- Remove the dough from the food processor, shape it into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Roll out the galette dough on a floured surface to a circle about 12 inches in diameter.
- Transfer the rolled-out dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange the thinly sliced pears in a circular pattern over the center of the dough, leaving a border around the edges.
- Tear or cut the prosciutto slices into smaller pieces and distribute them over the pears.
- Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese over the pears and prosciutto.
- Drizzle honey evenly over the filling and sprinkle fresh thyme leaves.
- Season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Carefully fold the edges of the dough up and over the filling, creating a rustic border.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg to make an egg wash. Brush the folded edges of the galette with the egg wash for a golden finish.
- Place the assembled galette in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Remove the pear and prosciutto galette from the oven and let it cool slightly before slicing.
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over the top before serving.
#ProsciuttoAndPearGalette #SavoryElegance #FallFlavors #HomeCooked #FoodieFinds #DeliciousBites #shopevoo #littleshopofoliveoils