- 1/4 cup Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large, sweet onions, sliced
- 2 parsley sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic Vinegar
- In a large pot heat the olive oil. Add the onions and cook over medium heat until golden brown.
- Tie the herbs together with kitchen twine and add to the onions. Cook on low heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the onions and cook, without stirring, until the sugar melts, about 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, without stirring, until a caramel forms, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the balsamic and let simmer on low heat until the jam thickens.
- Discard the herbs, season with salt, and let cool. Spread on a baguette or cheese. Enjoy!