For the Cranberry Compote:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar or Franklin Raw Honey
- 1/2 cup water
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
For the Crostini:
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil for brushing
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar or honey, water, and orange zest and juice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer and let cook until the cranberries burst, and the mixture thickens, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature. The compote will thicken more as it cools.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush one side of each slice with EVOO.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes or until lightly golden brown and crispy.
- Once the baguette slices have cooled slightly, spread a generous spoonful of cranberry compote on the EVOO-brushed side of each slice.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
- Garnish with a small sprig of rosemary on each crostini for a festive touch.
- Arrange the crostinis on a serving platter and enjoy while the baguette slices are still crisp.