Caramelized Pear on Warm Brie
- 2 green onions
- 2 Tbsp Mild Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pear (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup apple juice (or apple cider)
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon Pear Dark Balsamic
- 1 (4 oz) round of Brie
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Optional: Fresh Rosemary and Mint (for garnish)
- Wash and trim the green onions. Finely chop them, separate the greens from the whites, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté the whites of the green onions in olive oil until soft, about 1 minute.
- Add the chopped pear, sugar, apple juice, and vinegar. Slowly bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, then turn down the heat to medium. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, until the pear is caramelized and thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Place the brie in an oven-safe serving dish or brie baker. Pour the pear and caramel over the top and sprinkle with walnuts. Bake for 10 minutes, just to soften the brie.
- Optional: Sprinkle with the green parts of the onions or garnish with rosemary or mint. Serve with a baguette or crackers. Enjoy!