These pesto pinwheels are SUPER easy and tasty! These little appetizers are great anytime but thanks to their festive colors they're also a perfect addition to any holiday get together.
- 1 8 oz can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup Basil Pesto (or any of our delicious pestos)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Unroll the dough; separate dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Spread Pesto over each rectangle to within 1/4 inch of edges. sprinkle with chopped peppers.
- Starting with 1 short side, roll up each rectangle and press edge to seal. With a serrated knife, cut each roll into 6 slices. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, place slices cut side down.
- Bake 13-18 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
TO MAKE AHEAD AND FREEZE: Fully bake the pinwheels, then let cool. Arrange in a flat layer on a baking sheet and freeze completely. Transfer to an airtight container and store for up to one month.
TO REHEAT: Reheat directly from frozen on a parchment lined baking sheet at 350F until warmed through (just a few minutes).