For the absolutely lovely couple in today...my customers teach me something new everyday!
- 2 bulbs of fennel
- 3 red navel oranges (cara cara)
- 1/3 cup of Chiquitita extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cara Cara Orange with Vanilla Balsamic
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the stalks from the fennel bulbs. Cut the bulbs in half and remove the fibrous root core. Slice the bulbs and stalks very thinly. Also, chop up some of the green fronds.
- Use a knife to cut off the skin from the red naval oranges, and then slice as thin as you can.
- Layer the oranges on plates then add the fennel on top. Just before serving, make a vinaigrette by whisking the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad.