- 2 small/medium zucchini, quartered and chopped in 1/2 in cubes (3-4 cups)
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Little Shop of Olive Oil EVOO
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 1/2 and 1/2
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crushed parmesan crisps
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat large skillet with EVOO and add zucchini and onion. Saute 2-3 minutes, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1/2 and 1/2 until well blended. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Combine the egg and cheese mixture with the cooked zucchini, and pour in an 7 Inch round casserole dish.
- Top with crushed parmesan crisps and bake on middle rack 30 minutes. Place on top rack for an additional 5 minutes for extra browning if desired.
- An 7 inch round brie baking dish is the perfect size for this casserole!
- I used reduced fat cheddar cheese, but any cheddar will work.
- I love making this and eating it for breakfast.