This Zesty Pesto Pasta Salad will the focal point of your table thanks to its vibrant green color! We took traditional basil pesto to the next level with spinach and almonds. A tablespoon of balsamic vinegar gives the whole dish a little extra zest!
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound fusilli pasta or your preferred pasta
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan (about 1 ounce)
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil leaves (plus a little extra for garnish optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 ounces small mozzarella balls or fresh mozzarella cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon Neapolitan Herb Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and cook fusilli al dente according to the recommended time on the package. Drain pasta in a colander and transfer to a large bowl. Toss the pasta with 2 tablespoons of olive oil to coat evenly and refrigerate until cooled completely, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil to a blender with the spinach, Parmesan, almonds, basil, lemon juice, and ¼ cup water and puree until completely smooth. Pour the pesto over top of the pasta and add the reserved tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic and 1 teaspoon salt. Toss gently until well combined. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with more basil for garnish. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 4 hours.