- 3 to 4 potatoes (about 1 lb.)
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (less if you want…I like mine thick)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ¼ cup almond milk
- Parsley (chopped fine) for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a pie pan or 8x8 pan, set aside.
- For sauce, melt butter and add oil to a small pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until onions are clear. Add garlic and cook until you can smell it, about 1 minute.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper and cook for about 1 minute. Add milk and cook until thick and bubbly.
- Slice potatoes very thinly. Arrange half the potatoes in pan, then pour half the sauce over potatoes. Arrange other half of potatoes, then add remaining sauce over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 mins covered.
- Uncover and bake for about 15 to 20 mins more or until potatoes are tender and slightly browned on the edges.
- Garnish with parsley