This delicious recipe is from our favorite cookbook: The Olive Oil & Vinegar Lover's Cookbook on page 29.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup diced bell pepper, variety of colors
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- In a mixing bowl, place the flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a butter knife, swirl the flour to mix everything together. Pour in the olive oil. Use two butter knives or a pastry blender to mix it in until the mixture resembles coarse oatmeal.
- Add the bell pepper and green onions, mixing gently to combine, then add the ricotta and cream.
- Mix gently to form a gooey mixture. It's supposed to be wet, so don't panic. On a well-floured counter, turn the batter onto the flour, turning once to coat. Knead gently and form into a disk, about 1 inch thick. It will firm up slightly as it absorbs the flour from the counter while you knead it but should still be nice and soft.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Choose a glass or cookie cutter in the size you would like the scones to be and get cutting.
- Place the dough rounds on the prepared baking tray and bake for 10 minutes for 1-to-2 inch scones, 13 minutes for 3-inch scones.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before serving. Enjoy!