Roasted Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes
- 1 head garlic (you will have some leftover)
- 2 Tbsp Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Any Single Varietal, such as Picual, or Hojiblanca
- 2.5 lbs russet potatoes (about 2-3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp White Truffle Oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut off the top of the head of garlic to expose the open tips of the cloves. Place on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil, making sure it soaks down into the open cloves. Wrap the foil around the head of garlic to make an enclosed foil packet, and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven to cool.
- While garlic is roasting, cover the potato cubes with cold water and put on the stove at high heat to boil. Once the water begins boiling, turn down the heat to medium high and continue boiling for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes pierce easily with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Mash 4 cloves of the roasted garlic into a paste and mix into potatoes, along with chicken broth, cream, butter, 3-4 Tbsp Truffle Oil, salt and pepper. Mash until fluffy.
- Drizzle a little extra Truffle Oil on top of the potatoes before serving, if desired.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Adapted from a recipe online by Pinch Me, I'm Eating!