- 6 medium-sized tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for storing
- 1 tablespoon Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon packed fresh oregano leaves
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes, and slice them in half, horizontally. Arrange them face up on the parchment paper.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper and drizzle the oil over them, allowing oil to drizzle onto the parchment paper.
- Finish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar directly over the face of each tomato half.
- Roast for 90 minutes or until the edges are puckered and lightly charred.
- Pack into a jar adding the fresh oregano leaves. Be sure to pour all the excess oil, balsamic vinegar and tomato juices from the parchment paper into the jar as well. Add about 1 tablespoon of additional olive oil if needed.
Store in the refrigerator for up to one month.