Parmesan Truffle Risotto
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large shallot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 3/4 cup Bodegas La Caña Spanish white wine
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons Black Truffle Oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- Flat leaf parsley (chopped) for garnish
- Place the broth in a medium saucepan and heat to a simmer; reduce heat and keep warm.
- Mince the shallot.
- In a large skillet, pot or Dutch oven, heat the butter over medium high heat. Add the shallot, reduce heat to medium, and cook until the shallots are translucent, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to combine; cook for 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and add the white wine. Cook, stirring, until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add 1/2 cup warmed broth to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until broth is almost absorbed. Repeat, gradually adding broth 1/2 cup at a time and stirring, until rice is tender but still al dente and sauce is creamy (you may not need all the broth). This process takes about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Continue to stir until combined. Remove from heat and stir in salt and truffle oil.
- Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese, parsley and fresh ground pepper. Enjoy!