Mushroom and Sage Risotto
- 1- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1 Medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 Small shallot, finely chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1-pound mixed cremini and oyster mushrooms (or baby Bella mushrooms, whichever you prefer)
- 1 1/2 cups of Arborio rice
- Dash of nutmeg
- 5 - 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped Parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the cremini mushrooms and tear the oyster mushrooms into desired sizes. Heat mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a medium sauté pan. Add mushrooms to hot pan, sauté until caramelized, salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
- Heat Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onions and cook until translucent. Stir in the chopped shallot and garlic, sauté for about 3 minutes or until they become fragrant.
- Add the rice to onion mixture and toast until golden brown. Stir often and keep a close eye to prevent burning. Add nutmeg.
- While the rice is browning, place broth in a saucepan on low heat until warm.
- Stirring continuously, add 1/3 of the warm broth to toasted rice. Once the rice has absorbed all the liquid, add 1/2 cup of broth and reduce. Repeat this step until there is no broth left and rice is fully cooked.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and fold in the Parmesan. Add the mushroom mixture, sage, salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, sprinkle on the fresh parsley, and top with grated Parmesan.