Mashed cauliflower is essentially a delicious creamy cauliflower puree. It's also a great substitute for traditional mashed potatoes, especially if you're keto or low carb. Even if you aren't concerned about cutting carbs, it's a family friendly way to prepare cauliflower and makes a great addition to any roast.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut up into florets
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/3 cup 1% buttermilk (or light sour cream)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 tablespoon Butter Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or 1 tablespoon salted butter optional)
- Steam or boil cauliflower and garlic until soft.
- Drain the cauliflower, then add buttermilk, butter, salt, pepper and purée with an immersion blender. A regular blender would work fine as well. (Hand-blenders are life changing though!)
- If you prefer more of a mashed potato texture, you can do half mashed potatoes, half mashed cauliflower.