We are having this with our Easter Meal. My Dad's Cheesy Potato Dish. This is definitely one of my favorites. I was always poking my head in the fridge to get leftovers!
- 1 Pint Sour Cream (or switch out with plain yogurt)
- 1 Large Onion (shredded)
- 5 Potatoes
- 2 Carrots (shredded)
- 8 oz. Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 Teaspoon Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- Garnish of homemade Pesto (optional)
- Heat oven to 325F
- Boil Potatoes and let them cool (then peel...or not)
- Shred cooled potatoes in a large bowl
- Combine remaining ingredients into the shredded potatoes until mixed completely.
- Spray a large baking dish with extra virgin olive oil
- Transfer the mix to the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes
- Garnish with Pesto (optional...my Dad was not a garnish guy)
- Let stand 5 minutes, serve and enjoy!
--- John R. Duffin (my Dad). By the way Greensboro is where I grew up.