Cranberry Walnut Roasted Brussels Sprouts
With sweet cranberries, toasty walnuts, and a maple-balsamic glaze, these roasted brussels sprouts are sure to be a hit as your holiday side dish!
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Hojiblanca Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Vermont Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (you can also use fresh cranberries)
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 425º Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat. If you're using a skillet, place it in the oven to preheat.
- Trim brussels sprouts and cut large ones in half. Place in a large bowl with minced shallots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, maple syrup, vinegar, and pepper. Pour over brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Spread brussels sprouts evenly on the baking sheet or heated skillet in a single layer with cut sides down. Roast 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove sprouts from the oven and add cranberries and walnuts. Roast an additional 5 minutes, or until walnuts are toasted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with a little additional salt (optional). Serve immediately.