Cosmo Cranberry Sauce
This holiday side dish is out of this world for any celebration. I made it several years ago and my family loved it!
It is for Adults only!
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed, drained, and picked through
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons Cranberry-Pear White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- In a heavy medium saucepan over moderate heat, combine cranberries, sugar, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil, stirring often to dissolve sugar, then reduce heat to moderately low and simmer, stirring often, until thickened and reduced to about 3 cups, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and cool, stirring often, until tepid, about 30 minutes. Stir in vodka, balsamic and liqueur.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate until chilled and set at least 2 hours. (Sauce can be made up to 2 weeks ahead and refrigerated.) Serve chilled or at room temperature.