Broccoli and Balsamic
Totally yum...I love Broccoli stalks! My Father-in-law loved them too and we enjoyed them every Sunday.
- 2 large broccoli stalks
- 1 tablespoon Bella Cucina Basil Pesto
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt (pinch)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar and oil to a medium heat sauce pan and reduce it until it thickens (2-3 minutes).
- It should be similar to the consistency of honey
- Trim your stalks into thin rectangles.
- Blanch them for 60 seconds in boiling water, salted, then strain and put them into an ice bath to stop the cooking. When they’re completely cooled, dry each piece with a paper towel.
- Arrange your broccoli stalks on the plate, then spoon pesto over the top, and dot your plate with a bit more pesto. Garnish the broccoli stalks with a bit of basil, and finish by drizzling you’re balsamic reduction