Bacon Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- 8 oz Bacon
- 2-3 lbs Brussels Sprouts
- 3 Tablespoons of Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Dried Cranberries apple-juice sweetened
- Splash Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Pomegranate-Quince Balsamic Vinegar
- Add the balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan. Turn the heat up to medium and let simmer until reduced by about half.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces, about 1/2".
- Heat up a skillet to medium-high and cook the bacon.
- While the bacon is cooking, remove the bottom off each sprout. Quarter them and set aside.
- When the bacon is almost done (not all the way crispy, but close), remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add the Olive Oil and Brussels sprouts to the pan, reduce heat to medium, and stir to coat all sprouts with the oil.
- Place a lid on the pan and let cook for 5 minutes. Remove lid, stir sprouts and add a splash of broth. Put the lid back on and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid again, stir and check to be sure the sprouts are fork-tender. If not, cook a bit longer until they are.
- Add the cooked bacon bits, cranberries, salt, and pepper to the pan. Stir to combine everything.
- Serve hot with the balsamic reduction poured over it.