- 3 large Apples (like Fuji, Gala, or Honeycrisp)
- 2 Tbsp Butter Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Granulated Sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 225°F.
- Wash the apples thoroughly and remove the core.
- Thinly slice the apples to about 1/16 inch (1.5 mm) using a mandolin slicer or a sharp knife.
- If you prefer, you can leave the skin on the apples.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the apple slices with EVOO until each slice is lightly coated.
- If you prefer sweet and spiced chips, combine the sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl, and sprinkle over the apple slices, tossing to coat evenly.
- Arrange the apple slices in a single layer on baking sheets lined with parchment paper, ensuring no overlap.
- Place the baking sheets in the preheated oven and bake for 1 to 2 hours, or until the apple slices are crispy and golden brown, flipping the slices every 30 minutes to ensure even baking.
- The exact baking time can vary depending on the thickness of the slices and oven temperatures, so start checking around the 1-hour mark.
- Once the apple slices have achieved a crisp texture, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheets for about 10 minutes; they will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- Serve the apple chips as a healthy snack, or use them as a crunchy topping for salads or oatmeal.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.