Here's a delicious recipe for Turkey Cutlets wrapped in Phyllo Dough with a Wild Mushroom Sage Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) that you can try at home:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup wild mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Wild Mushroom Sage EVOO (plus extra for brushing)
- 10 sheets of Phyllo dough
- Cooking twine for tying
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a skillet, heat the wild mushroom sage EVOO over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet, breaking it apart with a spatula. Cook until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in the wild mushrooms and sage, cooking for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Lay out one sheet of dough on a clean surface. Brush lightly with wild mushroom sage EVOO.
- Place a portion of the ground turkey mixture onto the center of the sheet.
- Fold the dough over the filling to make a parcel, and tie it with cooking twine to secure. Repeat with the remaining sheets and filling.
- Arrange the parcels on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush the tops with a bit more EVOO.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the Phyllo is golden brown and crispy.
- Let the cutlets rest for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Serve these Turkey Cutlets with a side of greens or a light salad to complement the rich flavors of the wild mushrooms and sage. Enjoy!