- 12 oz. salmon (cut into 2-3 strips)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Franklin Raw Honey
- 2 teaspoons Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided.
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ lemon (sliced into wedges)
- Fresh basil for garnish if desired.
- Season the surface of the salmon with sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Mix the honey, half of the olive oil, balsamic and a pinch of salt together. Stir to combine well.
- Heat up an oven-safe skillet (cast-iron skillet preferred) on high heat. Add the remaining olive oil. Pan-fry the salmon, skin side down first, for about 1 minute. Turn the salmon over and cook for 1 minute. Turn it over again so the skin side is at the bottom.
- Add the garlic into the pan, sauté until slightly browned. Add the honey mixture and lemon wedges into the skillet, reduce the sauce until it's sticky.
- Finish it off by broiling the salmon in the oven for 1 minute or until the surface becomes slightly charred (optional step).
- Garnish the salmon with fresh basil if desired and serve immediately.