Steak & Fontina Panini with Spicy Chimichurri Sauce
A next level sandwich recipe that uses grilled fajita steak, fontina cheese, and drizzled with a spicy fresh herb Chimichurri sauce to make the ultimate Panini! This panini recipe is one that you will definitely want to add to your dinner rotation.
- 2 of fajita skirt steak
- 1 loaf Sourdough Bread, sliced
- 8 slices of fontina cheese
- Bib lettuce for garnish
- 1 cup of fresh parsley
- ¾ cup of fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup of fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup of Denissimo Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup of Baklouti Green Chili Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare fajita skirt steak and slice. Set aside.
- Prepare Chimichurri Sauce. In a blender add fresh parsley, fresh cilantro, fresh oregano, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and salt & pepper. Blend until completely combined.
- To assemble the panini, layer 1 leaf of bib lettuce, ½ cup of sliced fajita steak, 2 slices of fontina cheese, and 1½ tablespoons of chimichurri sauce on a slice of bread. Top with another slice of sourdough bread.
- Repeat this process for the other 3 sandwiches.
- Place in panini press and grill for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. (If you don’t have a panini press you can use an indoor grill or skillet to cook the panini)