Just add a bun, tomato and lettuce...what a meal!
- 1 (5-6 lb boneless pork shoulder)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Espresso Dark Balsamic
- 1/4 cup Lime Fused Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Trim the pork shoulder of excess fat and place it in a slow cooker.
- Whisk together the chicken broth, honey, balsamic, olive oil, and Dijon with the garlic, onion, chili powder, and thyme. Pour over the pork.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Place the pork on a cutting board, shred it with two forks, and pile it into a large bowl.
- Pour the cooking liquid from the slow cooker into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Combine the cornstarch with 2 Tbsp water and whisk it into the cooking liquid. Bring to a low boil, whisking until the sauce thickens, 3-5 minutes.
- Pour as much or as little sauce as you like over the shredded pork and enjoy!