Sassy Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
- 2 mandarin oranges (peeled and separated)
- 1 kiwi (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 cup pineapple (diced)
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon Persian Lime Infused Oil
- 3 tablespoons honey (softened)
- 1 1/2 pounds Salmon
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (any selection)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) optional
- 1/2 lime (fresh and sliced)
- In a large bowl toss together mandarin oranges, sliced kiwi, diced pineapple, and pomegranate seeds.
- In a jar, squeeze the juice of 1/2 of fresh lime, add softened honey, Lime EVOO and combine. Drizzle on fruit and toss.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a casserole dish add 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and spread on the bottom. Add salmon fillet skin side down to the casserole dish and sprinkle with salt.
- Top salmon with minced garlic. Add lime slices all around. Top with sliced remaining EVOO.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes until the salmon is cooked through. Remove from the oven. Remove lime slices from the casserole dish.
- Pour the salsa over cooked salmon and serve