Pizza with Wild Mushroom, Sage and Fig
You can do this the easy way and order from your favorite Pizza Place or use this recipe for your own home made version.
- 1 ready made pizza dough or homemade
- 26 grape tomatoes halved (10 Roma tomatoes depending on size)
- 20-25 pitted black olives halved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 4-5 leaves fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- Drizzle of Fig Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup firm mozzarella grated
- Pre-heat oven to 450°, drizzle a 12" round pizza pan with a little olive oil.
- If using store bought dough, then knead the dough back into a ball, cover the dough with a towel (cotton) and let it rest for 30 minutes. If using homemade dough, then follow the directions.
- In a medium bowl add halved cherry tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of oil, oregano, salt and chopped basil, gently mix together.
- Top the pizza dough with the tomato mixture, bake in pre-heated oven for approximately 10-12 minutes, remove from the oven and top with olives and grated mozzarella, return to oven and continue to bake for another 3 or 4 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with balsamic, slice and serve. Enjoy!