- 3 ripe pears, skin on (about 2 cups diced)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup wheat germ
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Pear Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Core and finely dice the pears without pealing them. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the wheat germ.
- Beat the eggs slightly and blend with the milk, honey, and olive oil in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. When fully mixed, add the pears and combine. Fold gently until the pears are fully incorporated.
- Combine all the streusel topping ingredients in a small bowl and mix with a fork until it is crumbly.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan and sprinkle with the streusel topping. Garnish with pear slices, if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the topping is golden brown. Run a knife around the edge of the cake pan to loosen it. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once cooled serve immediately and enjoy!