Milanese Gremolata Shrimp and Pasta
- 8 ounces pasta
- 2 tablespoons Milanese Gremolata Extra Virgin Olive Oil (has the flavors of lemon, parsley, garlic and a hint of mint so you can skip the optional items if you are short on time)
- 1 teaspoon diced flat leaf parsley (optional)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, de-veined, and cleaned with tails off
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
- Using a large skillet, add the oil and bring to medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic and sauté until lightly golden brown
- Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes total, or until just pink and cooked through. Flip shrimp halfway through cooking.
- Add the parsley, lemon zest and stir briefly to combine.
- Turn the heat to low, add the pasta to skillet with the shrimp, and toss to combine and coat. Taste, check for seasoning balance and make any desired changes (add more salt, pepper, etc.).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.