This meatless burrito bowl recipe is healthy, quick, and kid-friendly! I love how versatile these are because you can fill them with any grain, protein, and fresh toppings to fit your family's taste. Feel free to add chicken, beef, or shrimp to this meatless burrito bowl if your family has a favorite!
- 1 (15-oz.) can unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon Baklouti Green Chili Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime), divided
- 1 (8.8-oz.) pouch microwavable brown rice (or preferred grain)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 ounces queso Blanco, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- ½ cup Pico de Gallo (optional)
- 4 tablespoons light sour cream (optional)
- Combine beans, water, chili powder, cumin, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt in a small saucepan, and cook over medium until beans are hot, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in a medium-size cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add corn, and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly charred, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 ½ teaspoons of the lime juice and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions, and transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the cilantro and remaining 1 ½ teaspoons lime juice.
- Divide warm beans, corn, rice, cheese, and avocado among 4 bowls. Top with Pico de Gallo, sour cream, and the remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro.