Summer pasta? Oh yessss…we have you covered with these lemony ricotta stuffed shells topped with fresh peas and buttery asparagus. Drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with fresh cracked black pepper, and garnished with basil. The freshest summer pasta yet !!
- 1/2-pound large pasta shells
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 ounces fresh peas
- 1 bunch asparagus; chopped into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta
- 1/3 cup pecorino Romano
- 1 lemon; zested and juiced
- Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Fresh Basil Pesto for drizzling
- fresh basil leaves for serving
- Cook the pasta. Drain. On a large tray, place the shells open side up.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the peas and asparagus. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the ricotta, pecorino Romano, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Stuff each shell with the ricotta mixture.
- Arrange the shells on a serving platter. Top with the peas and asparagus. Drizzle with lemon juice, olive oil, and basil pesto. Serve topped with fresh basil leaves.
Follow Daniela for more recipes on Instagram!