Lemon Scallops on a Blood Orange and Pomegranate Salad
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate Dark Balsamic
- 2 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 shallot, minced
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 3 cups green leaf lettuce
- 3 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh pomegranate seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 3 Tbsp Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
- 16 large sea scallops
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- In medium-sized frying pan over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp. Set on paper towel.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, pomegranate balsamic, Dijon mustard, honey, thyme, and shallot. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large serving bowl, place the lettuce, parsley, and chives. Drizzle with half the dressing and toss to combine. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on top of the salad. Add the avocado, pomegranate seeds, and capers and drizzle with the rest of the dressing.
- Pour out the bacon grease from the frying pan, add the Sicilian Lemon Balsamic, and bring to a boil of medium heat. Place the scallops in a single layer in the pan about 1 inch apart. Shake the pan to ensure the scallops are not sticking. Flip after 1-2 minutes or when they are golden and caramelized.
- Keep shaking the pan to avoid sticking and remove from the heat when the scallops centers are just translucent, about 1 minute.
- Arrange the scallops on the salad and garnish with lemon wedges and a few more pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately!