Lemon Pepper Orzo
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped finely)
- 2 Tbsp Butter Olive Oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup orzo
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- In a dutch oven or pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- With a vegetable peeler, make 3 strips of lemon peel, about 3 inches long.
- When the onions are soft add the orzo, lemon peels and pepper to the pot. Toast for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt to the pot. Cook on medium heat until it started simmering. Lower to medium low heat and simmer until most of the water is gone and the orzo is al dente.
- Finely zest the rest of the lemon and squeeze the juice into the orzo.
- Remove from heat and add the parmesan cheese and butter. Taste and add more salt or water if necessary. You want a nice creamy sauce.
- Garnish with more parmesan cheese and enjoy!