Dutch Oven Chicken
- 4 large bone in skin on chicken thighs fat trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Butter Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 carrots peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour can substitute whole wheat flour or gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the chicken and cook until brown, about 4-6 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the onion to the frying pan and stir. Add the potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté until the vegetables are beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to coat. Add the white wine, simmer until the wine has cooked off. Add the chicken stock and smoked paprika. Return the chicken to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan, place in the oven, bake for 40 minutes, or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked through.
- Mix in the thyme.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.