Crockpot Guinness Beef Stew
This Saint Patrick's Day, treat yourself to a hearty, delicious meal that will warm your heart and soul. Our Crock Pot Guinness Beef Stew is the perfect way to celebrate the holiday! Made with tender beef, potatoes, carrots, and of course, a generous helping of Guinness, this slow-cooked stew is sure to be a hit with the whole family. So don't wait - get your Crock Pot Guinness Beef Stew today and enjoy a taste of Ireland!
- 2 tablespoons Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ lb. lean beef stew meat
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 large Yukon golden potatoes, largely diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- ½ large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 cups beef broth
- 11.2 fluid ounce bottle Guinness Extra Stout
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme, to garnish
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Turn slow cooker on*.
- In a large bowl, toss beef together with salt, pepper, and flour to coat. Add to the pan and cook until all sides of the chunks are browned (about 8 minutes).
- While beef is browning, add potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic and tomato paste to the slow cooker. Stir to coat.
- Add browned beef, beef broth, and Guinness to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high, 8-10 hours on low. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with a pint of Guinness.