Chili Lime Chicken with Glazed peaches
Made with Persian Lime Olive Oil, fresh peaches and limes. Fast, easy, and delicious dinner for any night of the week! Serves 4
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or ground chipotle
- 3/4-1 teaspoon salt
- 1– 1 1/4 lb skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons Persian Lime olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced into thin rings ( about 1/2 cup)
- 2 large peaches, cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Garnish: cilantro and lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a small bowl mix chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne.
- Season both sides of chicken with about a teaspoon of salt.
- Coat and rub all sides of the chicken with the spice mix.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat and sear the chicken, top side down until deeply golden. (If using skin-on, get that skin crispy!). Turn and sear 2 minutes then place chicken on foil, or on a sheet pan in the 400 F oven and let it finish cooking all the way through, about 10 minutes.
- To the same skillet, over medium heat add the shallots. Saute stirring often until tender about 3-4 minutes. Add the peaches. Gently saute for 2 minutes, turning them over after they just begin to soften and caramelize. Squeeze with a couple of tablespoons of lime juice and drizzle 1 tablespoon honey, stir carefully with the goal of keeping the peaches intact. Once they are heated through turn heat off.
- To serve: Either nestle the chicken back into the skillet with the peaches, squeeze chicken with lime and garnish with cilantro, or place all on a platter, spooning the flavorful pan juices over top and garnish last.
(Recipe adapted from a recipe from Feasting At Home)