Chicken Chili with Sweet Red Pepper and Carrots
- 2 Tablespoons Baklouti Green Chili Olive Oil
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 16 oz can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (or lemon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- In a large non-stick pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until it no longer looks raw. Transfer chicken to drain on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Add onion, red pepper, and carrots to the skillet and cook over low heat, until onion is softened. (About 10 min.)
- Return chicken to the pan. Stir in beans, chilies, oregano, cumin, lime juice, salt, pepper, and chicken stock. Cook uncovered until chili comes to a gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 35 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and the mixture is of chili consistency.
Serve over hot cooked rice, or in a bowl with tortilla chips.