- 14 oz spaghetti or linguine
- 2 tablespoons Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 oz pancetta or guanciale, cut into small cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh parsley or rosemary for garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta or guanciale and cook until it is crispy and golden brown. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolk, grated cheese, and black pepper until well combined.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet with the pancetta and toss to coat in the fat. Let it cool for a minute to avoid scrambling the eggs.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the pasta, using tongs to toss quickly until the eggs thicken into a creamy sauce from the heat of the pasta. If the sauce is too thick, add a little reserved pasta water to reach your desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and extra black pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately, garnished with more grated cheese and a sprig of parsley or rosemary if desired.