What better way to bring the family together than making some delicious peach jam? This recipe is from our favorite cookbook: The Olive Oil & Vinegar Lovers Cookbook, on page 55.
- 10-12 small peaches, roughly chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp bourbon (optional)
- 1/4 cup Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 packages (each 6 oz) of liquid pectin
- Prepare an ice-water bath.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Score the bottom of the peaches with a crisscross and submerge the peaches in boiling water for about 30-40 seconds. Remove and place in the ice-water bath to cool.
- Slip the skins off the peaches and then chop them and place them in a medium saucepan with all the remaining ingredients, except the pectin, over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, turn down heat, and simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes. The fruit should be softened and reduced in volume.
- Carefully, and in batches, puree the jam in a blender.
- Return to the saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, add the liquid pectin, and stir in well. Remove from the heat.
- Ladle the jam into hot, sterilized jars and seal with lids and rings.
- Process the jars in a water bath for 10 minutes, then place the jars on a clean towel to cool completely and seal.
- Ensure all the jars are sealed; it could take up to 4-6 hours for the lids to pop. Enjoy!