- 1 Ripe Sweet Pineapple
- 2/3 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/3 Cup Pineapple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Zest and Juice of 2 Limes
- Slice the outer peeling of the pineapple, slice, remove the core and chop to small pieces. Makes about 2 to 2-1/2 Cups of pineapple chunks.
- In a medium Saucepan, add the pineapple, balsamic, and juice and cook over medium-low heat until the pineapple is soft, about 45 minutes
- Add the sugar and lime juice and zest and stir to combine
- Cook until the mixture has thickened, about an hour and a half, stirring occasionally
- Transfer to a food processor and pulse a couple of times to get a smoother yet still chunky consistency. If still too thin, return to saucepan and simmer until the jam is thin enough.
- Spoon the jam into sterilized jars. Wipe the rims, tighten with bands.
- Store in the refrigerator and use within 30 days
- Serve chilled on toast and ENJOY!